22 June, 2011

A year!

Last time I posted was in 2010?
That has to be a joke. Maybe not. I do feel a bit like Rip Van Winkle. I just handed in my last project on a VERY INTENSE interior design course at KLC School of Design. That would be in London at the Chelsea Harbour.
Three years worth of schooling packed in to a year. A prison year really as it was only 9 months.

All that being said, you should all now be warned that I am probably going to lean this blog a little to the interiors side and maybe not so much ranting about whales and turning grandmas into oil.
Oh, who am I trying to kid, I am still going to rant.
Thank you, Charles Saatchi. Tell your wife hello.
In fact, lets talk about my least favorite thing at the moment.

Tourists.

You can tell it is summer in the rest of the world when London fills up with tourists. It doesn't get warm here, so that is our only indicator.
I am fine that tourists want to come visit my (adopted) city, if enough of you do, maybe you can plug the hole in our economy, but I have one request. A simple thing really. Not too much to ask when you think about it.
Can you PLEASE. Pretty-please, with sugar on top, WALK IN A STRAIGHT FUCKING LINE!!

I don't know if it is all the bags you are packing, or the electronica around your neck that throws your internal compass out of kilter, but you wobble down the street like a drunken sailor still getting his land legs back. And, because you have two rucksacks, four shopping bags, an umbrella, two cameras and a bin bag pulled over your head, it is impossible to navigate around you without stepping into traffic. 
Mmm...Trashy.

So a shorty today. Just a small update. I am headed to a riveting lecture about something Amazing and Fabulous today. (see how well practiced I am with the design words?)


Oh, I am working on a portfolio website as well, I will link things up here shortly and post some pics from the final project. I think it came out well. I will be available for consultation soon. Feel free to contact me.

Update: And another thing! -this is sounding like a drunken rant now- You starbucks nut-jobs... "I want a Americano with an extra shot, pouring cream on the side, fill the water only up to here, then I need one splenda and half of a sugar. Thanks"
UGH!
Order a filter coffer and put whole milk in it. Twat. Oh, she was American as well. Sad day to be on the team...

No comments:

Post a Comment